
I will continue to refer to our little one as Baby, with a neutral tone in my words because the mystery remains a mystery. At our 22nd-week ultrasound, I fooled myself into thinking we may hear a hint at the sex of our baby. No such thing. The staff at our hospital remain ethically bound and morally sound--my respect increases with each visit.
The doctor was unable to check the heart as he/she was holding an arm across his/her chest in a self-hugging way. The doctor rubbed my tummy and gave it small little pushes, lovingly scolding our baby. Finally she turned to us saying, "Everyone deserves a little pat on the back" and giving our Little One one gentle pat, he/she moved his/her arm and the check-up was completed.
The picture is the start of my 6th month, or to be precise, 23rd week. My mom visits in 8 days and will most likely be bribed into some back massaging. I'm able to do most things, though Ben's a little worried about the day I lean over and don't come back, but instead tumble forward in slow motion, off-balanced by my tummy. I believe there was some laughter involved in this new worry of his. Hummm...
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
The 6th Month
Posted by
Libby
at
3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Starting to feel big... :-) We're hoping to see more pics of you and Baby Spotts. Hugs- Anna
So cute!!!! I am so glad that you posted another picture of you.
You look absolutely great!
Thanks for the update. It's fun to see you pregnant. You look great. I can't believe it's already your sixth month. Wow, that spotts baby will be here before you know it.
Love,
Trish
You look awesome going into your third trimester! You tiny thing you. Keep taking those pregnancy pics.
Post a Comment