Just some quick thoughts and memories from the last few weeks. I'm enjoying being a daddy and love our little guy. He is now 15 weeks old (about 3.5 months). We've had a few challenges, but overall, he is one easy-going kid!
- Loved seeing him find his hands about a month ago (around 2 mo. old). This involved huge eyes since his fists were just in front of his nose. Then watched him use one hand to shove the other fist into his mouth. He's been doing that routinely ever since.
- Loved hearing his first giggle about two weeks ago. He doesn't laugh out loud much, but when he does, we all laugh. He loves when his mom does "floppy lip" sounds or dad does bouncing while saying in rhythm "ho-ho-ho, ha-ha-ha, he-he!".
- He doesn't spend a lot of time on his tummy, but is doing better and better at pushing himself up and even turning his head.
- About two weeks ago, we moved his bedtime up from 10pm to 6pm by simply focusing on his daytime napping. He still sleeps 10-12 hours a night, but now we have a little evening time for just Libby and I. The downside? Early mornings, and I'm NOT a morning person.
- Took him to the Police Commissioner's office on Thurs. to get his exit permission (3.5 hr trip). He charmed everyone and, just before we got in the car to leave, was snatched by the police guarding the parking lot. They wanted to cuddle and pinch the white kid. I think it broke up the monotony of the day for them and Shane didn't mind.
- I was amazed (and a bit proud) when the doctor gave him a vaccination in his thigh last Saturday...and he didn't even flinch. No crying. Nothing. Wow.
- The other morning,we couldn't figure out why he'd been laying in bed babbling to himself for 30+ min. when he should have been sleeping. I tried to sooth him. Then mommy tried. Then we realized he had a very very wet diaper. Sorry, little guy. You were communicating so politely that mommy and daddy were slow on the uptake. Maybe you should scream more.
- And then there was that one diaper. It wasn't a big explosion, but the stench made daddy head to the corner of the room and start dry-heaving while calling for mommy to come finish the job. All the time I was trying to smile at him and congratulate him and encourage him to poop more, but woah, I may have to buy scuba gear to keep near the baby changing table.
1 comment:
Oh Ben how much I enjoyed that last comment on the diaper. Just wait until he starts eating solids!!:) Love you guys and are so excited to hear about how much Shane is growing and changing. Can't wait to see you guys this fall!!! Love the Robbins Clan
Post a Comment