Shane new favorite these days is "Buh-buh." Depending on the situation, "Buh-buh" means: bubbles, ball, bye-bye, book, and probably a few more I've missed. I never realized how many household objects began with the letter "b" until his discovery. Recently after a routine rendition of "Jesus Loves Me" during our nap-time ritual, I laid Shane down as always. But this time, instead of rolling onto his side with thumb-in-mouth he gave me a huge smile and said, "Buh-buh" (including a wave). Taken by surprise I waved back with "Bye-bye" and closed the door with a big grin. He slept his routine two-hour nap and ever since has been telling us "Buh-buh" after being laid down. I really don't think I could ask for a better new ritual in our routine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello friend! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog and check it nearly every day. I completely agree with not realizing before now how many household items start with "b." It's incredible! Emma is no longer allowed to user her pacifier outside of her crib, so now each time she wakes up, she whips it out of her mouth, drops it into her crib and says, "Buh-buh!" I'll think of you guys each time she says it! :) Love you!
Post a Comment