Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stop, Drop, and Rolly-Polly

Isn’t this what we’re supposed to do when our limbs are on fire? Although my limbs are not on fire, I’ve been doing this age-old mantra more and more lately. Mostly at night.

Mid-way through my sound sleep, I awaken suddenly to movements within my womb. I stop. It continues and in doing so, my bladder is pressed upon by a small little person within. I realize I must take action. I drop whatever I’m doing... my sleep that is. Then I roll. Rolly-polly. Not in stealth movement and it's not pretty. It's rolly-polly. Slow to one side, then up on one elbow, then ease my way up (stiff limbs at 4 a.m.), shuffle on my backside and lean forward. Oh yes, I am up and stumbling to the bathroom.

The movement in my womb is back to sleep. I on the other hand, have just accomplished a great feat, one that will only become more difficult, if not more frequent, in month nine. Soon I should be waddling. For now I embrace my limbs (that are not on fire) and their ability to stop, drop and rolly. For now, I’ll rolly-polly my way out of bed and leave the waddling for later.

2 comments:

Jenn Sanders said...

I can't believe that you only have a month left!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so true, I know how you are feeling, just wait in a month it will be stop drop and feed!!! Love ya girl Keep your head up your in the last and best month of pregnancy!!! Des