Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Curled Lip

I received my first curled lip from Shane yesterday.

Just before lunch we were taking a nap. I woke up and decided to get an apple for a snack, so I unraveled myself from Shane and headed for the kitchen. Suddenly a cry came from the room, but it wasn't any normal cry I've heard yet.

I headed back. Shane was lying there with his wide blue eyes and a very, very curled lip. What a heart breaker! Both sides of his mouth so totally turned down and that little lip turned completely inside out. I nestled into him immediately and apologized for making his world so sad. He whimpered a little, then settled down after a few minutes.

If too many of those sad-faced curled lips come my way I may be guilty of not letting him leave the house until he's 30.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Have you started to consider the impact of school-yard bullies to his lower lip? I have. I may not let Asher leave the house either....