Yes, I enjoyed my first shower since September 2006. We are in Chennai for a four day visit where we successfully went to the US Consulate and received Shane's USA birth certificate yesterday. He is now officially an American citizen!
But we've also enjoyed staying at a 4 star hotel which meant electricity and running water 24 hours a day! At our house in Hyderabad, we never have enough water in the tank on the roof for a proper shower. Without adequate water, the shower just trickles (it is a gravity-fed water pressure system), so we've become used to using a little dipper for "bucket showers."
Saturday, April 28, 2007
First Shower in Months...
Posted by
Ben
at
7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think of you guys (and, billions around the world) occassionally while enjoying my own warm shower.
And, when I give my baby clean water to drink...
Denis and I just caught up on watching all the Shane videos. What a star! It's fun to see you (or hear you) interacting with him. I'm happy to read that he is "official" now and about your refreshing experiences in the hotel in Chennai. :o)
Oh, in Bolivia, we had an electric showerhead that took cold water and heated it as it was passing through the showerhead itself. Do you know what I'm talking about? I heard that you can get electrocuted from them, but it never happened to me or anyone i knew in the 2 1/2 years I was there...
Ok, I guess I'll stop complaining about the low water pressure in our shower... :-)
Tracy -- yep, we have those water heater thingys here. They are called geysers (pronounced geezer). Occasionally they explode. But we've had no troubles and have one that takes about 10 mins to heat up a couple gallons of water. There are the instant ones like you had, too.
ah the days of wonderful bucket showers.
Miss them. sigh
Post a Comment