Happy New Year!
I can barely hear myself think. The sounds of singing and chanting from a neighbor's first puja or worship ceremony of the year, echos in our humble home. This picture was taken moments before the idol was taken into the house for this evenings ceremony. Ben joined hundreds of worshipers ushering in 2008 with tribute to their god. I watch from a distance to keep an eye on our sleeping beauty.
....well since you brought it up...
And this? Well we're not sure either. Shane's newest face. Two days ago it appeared. In the middle of playing, eating, crawling, chatting or reading, this pout will and can appear. Perhaps he missed his chance under the mistletoe this Christmas.

The contrast of life here is quite similar to the content of this piece. One moment I'm contemplating with you the idols that stand before our home of which Ben gathers with others to observe. And the next moment I'm asking you to join in the hilarity of our baby boy. And it's impossible to completely switch from one topic to the next, from serious to funny, without traces of the other in each story or experience.
One big contrast of lives and styles and talk and faith and belief and food and worship and dress. Welcome to all of this and welcome home 2008. Please bring more guests. We really want to meet you.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Welcome home, 2008
Posted by
Libby
at
9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE this post, Libs. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to separate the two. Its real life, right?
And...how fascinating!!! I've studied about that ceremony (I think...there are so many) and I wish I could be there to watch it with you!
Post a Comment