And it goes something like this...
Roses are red
Violet's are blue
We're having a baby
No kidding! It's true.
Announcing...the very real and exiting news of our pregnancy! I am at the start of my fourth month, which means I'm entering my second trimester, which means I'm at week 14, which finally means I'm due in early September. Which means the kiddos will be about 1 1/2 years apart.
Today was our first ultrasound. The pitter-patter heart-beat, the baby's body swimming and kicking its delicate toothpick legs and toes, the fingers curled and elbows rocking; can this baby contain our love? Shane watched, munching apple pieces and commenting with grunts and smiles at the black-and-white images.
I knew I was pregnant even before we took the test. A sudden and fierce craving for apples came instantly over-night and for weeks I was eating three to four apples a day. Even after the (first) test said "negative" I even then knew I was pregnant. There was no denying those lower stomach crampings, those cravings, those tears, oh those tears! I caught the last ten minutes of a reality show and balled my eyes out during the contestants final speech. Ben was speechless and offered me a Kleenex. Two weeks later I took another test--positive. And 1 1/2 months later, today's ultrasound. I'm a little tired of course but continue to feel good.
With culture and pregnancy playing a major role in my life once again, I look forward to sharing the in's and out's of what I'll be learning, how Baby is growing, and maybe (mayyybe) a picture or two along the way.
We're so happy to share this journey with you.
Saturday, March 01, 2008
A little poem for you
Posted by
Libby
at
7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I Knew it!! Congratulations!! I said to Megan J. at work about 2 weeks ago...I think Libs is having another baby. You know why...there was a pic a few posts back of you in a top that I could have sworn was a maternity top I had seen you in when you were pregnant with Shane! :) So, so excited for you!!
--Carie
Oh, btw...we've finally picked June for our trip to India. Not sure the dates, yet. Renjith has to finish his thesis. But I hope we can see you and the family! AND...another trip back in the fall for a traditional Indian wedding...if all goes well during June. ;)
oh my GOODNESS!!!!! I was just thinking a few days ago that I was wondering if you were pregnant...something you said, or the way you said it. I'm so excited!!!!
Post a Comment