As I mentioned, the following pictures were taken by my mom (except the first one, thanks to Maggie) during her recent 10 day visit. Sometimes visual images are helpful to "fill in the blanks" when words do not suffice (although we do try, don't we?!!)
Although this picture was taken on Shane's birthday, it represents daily life. Sujatah, our house helper, plays with Shane every day as he follows her around the house.
Zam Zam fruit stand. He sells amazing apples, great strawberries, watermelon, pomegranates, banana's... you name it. And all at a price I'll never share or you'll steal my prized shop!
Though I've never dialed a number from these two phones, I do buy eggs, veggies, bread, and on occasion a razor blade. The owners just moved from Kolkata so our bond was immediate. That and the baby on my hip.
Dr. Sharmilla our pediatrician. Trained and educated in the USA, now working back home. A real gem.
She hems Ben's pants from a shop the size of closet which fits two chairs and one sewing machine.
1 comment:
Ooooohhhhh....
This makes my heart hurt with the lack of India in my daily life. Its been 10 years since the first time, 4 years since the second time. And how long before the next time?
Post a Comment