Yep, it has finally become winter in India. With a little rain and cloudy skies today, the temperature finally dipped below 70F. And without ANY heating in any room, it is -- hard to believe I know -- freezing inside our house.
Concrete construction means the cold seeps thru your bones. The day doesn't bring warmth. I can finally wear jeans and a t-shirt without sweating. I love it.
This will last about 6-8 weeks. Time to open up our storage boxes and find our socks. I'm actually wearing shoes (instead of sandals) to the office. It is great.
On the other, sobering hand...many homeless people across India will die in the next few weeks. The cold is just too much. Their poverty means no shelter or no firewood to burn. We have much to be thankful for.
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
65 degrees...and freezing
Posted by
Ben
at
7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment