Friday, February 08, 2008

11:41 a.m.

Februray 8th, 2007. First-born son of Elizabeth and Benjamin Spotts. 7 lbs. Bald, and blue-eyed. Shane Daniel Spotts is his name. Hyderabad, India.


Surprises. What a surprise this baby is! Watching you touch, you feel, you smile and laugh, and all for the first time. Is there anything more miraclous than witnessing these fresh, untainted, innocent discoveries? We know not what life is like...otherwise.
I will Never Forget your newborn days. I cannot even put it into words.....I will not try.You've changed our lives. Your love for others, your smiles and squeals at perfect strangers, your outstreched arms to the buffalo, cow and stray dog. Your complete adoration of daddy.
Chubby-fingers rolling-thighs buddah-belly baby boy. You climb all over my legs as we snack on apples, the necture running down your chin and you happier beause of it. You play bravely, independantly; you glance back checking in on Who is watching. People comment "He's happy. He's just so happy." You make Us happy.
Happy Birthday Shane Daniel.

2 comments:

Heather Olander said...

Happy Birthday Shane! We love you!

Catherine said...

"I cannot even put it into words...I will not try."

Yes. Exactly. Perfectly said.

Though...I do forget. So much. Too much.