Sunday, September 24, 2006

You Belong


Dear One,

You belong to Jesus. This is first and foremost.

This is the theme I learned from an early age. My own parent's, your grandma/pa Crawford, not only instilled this truth in my life, but they showed me by example that they really did believe that I belonged to Jesus. I don't know what it is that they learned so early in parenthood about holding my brother, Nathan and I with these open hands. Maybe a realization of the fragility and tenderness of life? Your grandpa Crawford lost both his parent's in a car accident when he was only 13 years old. And your grandma Crawford's parent's loved the Lord with an incredible love that rubbed off everyone they met. These may have been their own life-training influences that was rubbed off on Nate and I. We knew well that we belonged.

In months time you will be given face-t0-face to Ben and I. In return, we will teach you that while you're our first-born, you firstly belong to Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious and exquisite Libs. What a wonderous truth, that will only become more wonderous still with each passing day. Lots of love- AL

Jenn Sanders said...

That is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Well expressed love to God, What an incredible testimony how God lead you whole family. We missed you guys.

Love the Steenkolk's