

Today I am clippin’ n’ snippin’. It’s called “nesting” and I’m supposed to be madly dashing around the house dusting every nook and cranny, killing every cell and molecule no matter how miniscule, of germs I may find. I’m supposed to be folding and unfolding baby clothes, testing out every cream, every ointment and every medication that will be put on, under or into my baby. Ben, on the other hand, is supposed to be finding new hobbies he’s never loved before but now finds great pleasure in, like assembling a 500-piece do-it-yourself “easy-to-assemble” bookcase in 15 minutes flat. Or planting a crop of corn in the dust of our front yard and grunting at the end of the day how fulfilled he feels, how he’s “redeemed the day.”
I’ll definitely let you know when this happen. Maybe that’s what today was? Today I clipped and snipped off “for sale” tags on baby clothes, toys, and blankets. I definitely have a sense of satisfaction. Like removing the “Do Not Ever Remove” tag off your pillow. So I did this with some baby’s clothes, etc. More plastic containers to fill, so there was also time spent arranging miniature everythings. I have a sense of satisfaction in appearing organized for the time being. Ben hasn’t planted a new crop or assembled any bookcases lately. But he is working hard to keep the car clean, dust his bike, replace broken tub lights, hang framed art, manage finances, suggest ideas for the baby room, take me diaper shopping, check the health of our plants… oh wait. That’s all normal.
Nesting. Hum. What does it mean to you?
Monday, January 08, 2007
Clippin' n' Snippin'
Posted by
Libby
at
9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Why are you wearing diaper?
Ah-ha-ha-ha!!!
Don't you? :) Okay, so good point Jenn. Humm. I forgot to add that "all that's normal" BESDIES the diaper part. Thanks for pointing that out. That's hilarious!
I just couldn't hold back... besides, you look absolutely adorable and gorgeous!
Nesting! I love it! In college anatomy and physiology class we talked about the role of oxytocin in making pregnant women go "cleaning nuts" but I never really knew it was serious until I was pregnant! I become OCD when preggers. My favorite thing to do is using pumice stone to get stains off the toilet bowl. Heehee! Have fun folding your onesies, it's therapeutic. We are excited to meet your little one!
Post a Comment