Friday, January 19, 2007

Time Keeps on Ticken

The clock is ticken.

Week 36 ends. Month nine and no turning back. Dr. Evita will begin to evaluate the "readiness" of my body to deliver. The hospital bag is (partially) packed. The crib is (partially) prepared. Baby clothes are drying on the line outside. Grandparents have tickets to India. I'm tired. Fatigued. Anxious. I can't wait to meet you! Ben arranges for the installment of an AC so the whole family doesn't melt this summer. I stay awake at night baby names whirling in my head. Ben does the Bill Cosby impression of Lamaze breathing. We think it's hilarious. Labor won't be.

The clock is ticken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Libs, Your body will do great with labor--you don't have to know what to do, God made your body ready for this day. You are in great shape and I know you will do well! Plus, God won't give you any more than you can handle. Can't wait to tickle those toes! Love ya, Gramma Kim