Every day I am forced into the reality of this pregnancy. Every day I am forced to see the miracle of this child growing in my womb. Catch me in a quiet moment with my hand on my belly, and you'll find a smile as my fingers feel this child's foot pressed against my tightened skin. Find me in the doctor's office with red slightly swollen ankles and aching joints on my hands, and you'll find us in conversation about delivery, where, when and how. Find me on a morning walk as I am able, but listening to the tones of my body. As I listen, I am forced to sometimes slow down, sometimes speed up, lie down, or put my feet up. I am forced into the miraculous reality of this wonderous child. God could have chosen any way to bring a child into this world, but He chose this aweful mystery and mysterious joy of bearing children to bore by woman. What a mysterious God is He.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is amazing what a gift God gave to us Mothers!! I often say that I am on call 24 7 but I wouldn't have it any other way! Being a mom is my favorite thing in the whole world. Being able to see how different my two girls are is amazing and being able to enjoy everyday is even a bigger joy! Libby I am praying for you and Ben and hope everything goes well. Can't what to hear the good news! Love you guys Des
Post a Comment