In lue of our delivery date nearing (Feb 13th), here's a brief update and refresher of already known facts and maybe some new ones.
Facts:
- At week 37, I'm considered full-term.
- Total weight gain (all the ladies want to know) is 22lbs.
- My folks will be here for either the delivery or post-delivery. First they have medical training in a nearby state, and afterwards will fly to Hyderabad arriving on the due date of Baby S.
- We (still) do not know the sex of our baby (and won't). Yes we have a hunch and that's a secret.
- A name has not been nailed down, but we're close.
- The baby room is furnished with a crib, makeshift changing table (aka: single bed), diapers, clothes, wipes, and my favorite, a rocking chair.
- Continued exercise throughout the pregnancy has freed me from too many aches and pains, though I am ready to sleep on my tummy, practice yoga moves, and run again.
- Specific cravings: apple juice just before bed and oranges. Lots of oranges!
- Ben will take time off for baby/mother caring.
- Ben's folks have tickets for mid-March. They'll stay two weeks. And volunteered to babysit so Ben and I can take a date for our three-year anniversary.
- Baby S. has regular bouts of hiccups.
- I've read them all!, picked and nibbled at some great concepts, thrown out legalism, and come across one or two great reads. Feedings, sleep schedules...thank you for the grace of Your guidance.
- And finally, Feb is a popular time for babies due to the auspicious time that comes nine months prior--May. A religiously-held "lucky" time to marry, thus conceive as well, on the wedding night. We joined the ranks without even knowing it!
4 comments:
22 lbs!!!! That's it? Wow, I'm jealous. That's how much weight I STILL have left to lose!! I hit the milkshakes pretty hard though! I also share your love of oranges - I couldn't get enough of the mandarins while I was preggers!
Please post a recent picture?!?!?!?! We must see a much more preggers Libby.
Oh, I wish I could be there. I'm sure you are adorable and baby Spotts will be beautiful.
I think I gained 22 lbs in my first trimester! :-)
Kevin and I really loved the Dr. Sears books. They helped us realize that our instincts were always right, regardless of what the "experts" said (and isn't it funny the experts all disagree?) Another GREAT book has been "Parenting with Love and Logic". It has really helped the way we parent. We love the techniques and the boys have responded so well to it.
We're thinking of you guys and can't wait to see what your little one looks like!!!
I have been thinking about so much lately as baby Spotts' arrival date nears. And how wonderful that your parents will be able to see you!!
22 lbs!! Okay, I won't even go there...lets just say I never saw that number--well I saw it briefly--but kept on truckin' past it! You've done great!!!
Can't wait to see pictures, hear the good news...everything! I can only imagine how adorable this little one is going to be!
Post a Comment